Transportation Generalist Senior-Design
Transportation Generalist Senior-Design
This posting will be used for future employment opportunities.
NOTE: THIS POSTING REPRESENTS MULTI-LEVEL POSTINGS. IF THESE POSITIONS ARE NOT FILLED BY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AT THE TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST SENIOR LEVEL, THE POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AT THE TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST LEVEL.
Examples of work for this specific vacancy at the Transportation Generalist Senior level include but not limited to:
- Completes computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) functions and calculations and applies software programs used to perform technical detail designing and drafting of plans.
- Gathers data from other functional areas and follows standards for drafting construction plan(s) and reviews to ensure compliance with CADD data standards and MnDOT's design standards.
- Creates /revises alignments, profiles, cross-sections and super elevations for construction plans.
- Computes estimated quantities and pay items for construction plans.
- Assists in developing and designing elements for construction plans to ensure MnDOT, AASHTO, and FHWA standards are met.
- Uses and maintains project information in an efficient manner so information is readily available for plan preparation and other uses.
- Generates cross-sections and assists with construction limits and earthwork computations.
- Assists with cost estimates and in making design decisions with prescribed limits.
Conducts background research on assigned issues.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
11 paid holidays per year
Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
13 paid sick days per year
Defined pension plan
Paid life insurance
Short term disability available
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Exam Part 1:
The level of experience to perform this job at the Transportation Generalist Senior level can be achieved with:
- Two years of experience performing roadway, bridge or transportation design activities using Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) or equivalent or related activities.
- A combination of one year experience performing preliminary design, roadway or bridge construction, materials, soils, surveys, and/or right of way or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience performing design activities.
- Note: A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience you must submit a copy of your transcripts).
- Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Minnesota. Must have a valid driver's license if driving a state vehicle.
Exam Part 2:
Candidates will be invited to take a computerized math & reading assessment test. The required passing score for the math portion is a level 5 or higher and the reading portion is a level 5 or higher. Job placement is contingent on passing the math and reading assessment.
APPLY ONLINE BY 07/30/2021:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers .
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 43441 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board-Minnesota Jobs
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers will be considered.