This posting will be used for future employment opportunities.
NOTE: THIS POSTING REPRESENTS MULTI-LEVEL POSTINGS. IF THESE POSITIONS ARE NOT FILLED BY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AT THE TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST SENIOR LEVEL, THE POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AT THE TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST LEVEL.
Examples of work for this specific vacancy at the Transportation Generalist level include but not limited to:
Performs basic/routine technical computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) in accordance with CADD data standards to meet deadlines.
Assists design leader in preparing plans in accordance with MnDOT standards so that plans are delivered in a timely manner.
Assists with performing basic/routine horizontal and vertical geometric designs with typical sections in accordance with MnDOT design standards.
Assists in creating quantity and tabulation tables and charts and performs calculations to ensure they are filled in completely and correctly in accordance with design standards.
Assembles standard details and drawings in order to have complete plans for contract lettings.
Assists in assembling and cross-checking construction plans in order to provide an accurate and complete set of bidding documents.
Uses and maintains project information in an effective manner so that information is readily available for plan preparation and other uses.
Assists in preparing displays, handouts, and other documents for public meetings.
Conducts background research on assigned issues.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
11 paid holidays per year
Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
13 paid sick days per year
Defined pension plan
Paid life insurance
Short term disability available
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Exam Part 1:
The level of experience to perform this job at the Transportation Generalist level can be achieved with:
- One (1) year of experience utilizing computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) or related activities;
- A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience you must submit a copy of your transcripts).
- Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
Ability to travel throughout the state of Minnesota. Must have a valid driver's license if driving a state vehicle.
Exam Part 2:
Candidates will be invited to take a computerized math & reading assessment test. The required passing score for the math portion is a level 5 or higher and the reading portion is a level 5 or higher. Job placement is contingent on passing the math and reading assessment.
APPLY ONLINE BY 07/30/2021:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers .
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 43441 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board-MInnesota Jobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers will be considered.