Physician-UMD Health Services
M.D. degree, board certification, and license to practice in Minnesota.
At least 3 years of clinical practice outside of residency.
About the Job
UMD HS Clinic Physician Job Code 9721, MD
Academic Professional and Administrative; 12 month; 30 hrs. per week
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR OBJECTIVES:
Function as direct care giver 95%
• Follow all HIPAA and FERPA rules and regulations
• Perform general physical exams on students and others eligible for Health Services.
• Provide health education for individual patients.
• Provide emergency care for students and staff.
• Provide specific medical services for preventive care or follow-up health care on request of student's private physician .
• Make referrals of patients to specialty consultants when appropriate and arrange for hospitalization when necessary.
• Provide acute care for occupational injuries or illnesses among employees.
• Perform minor surgery or procedures that do not require more than local anesthesia in accordance with training and skill.
• Perform routine physical examinations of intercollegiate athletes.
• Provide general quality women's health care; family planning, physical exams, pelvic exams, initiate and perform appropriate screening and testing, and counsel to meet health needs.
• Document effectively within electronic medical record.
• Act as a consultant for patient care.
• Effectively communicate with patients, parents, and staff over the phone.
• Educate patients as to risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Teach self care measures appropriate to problem.
Other duties as assigned including but not limited to 5%
• Attend clinic/staff functions
• Participate in on-the -job and in- service training.
• Maintain a high level of professional competence through continued medical education and quality improvement reviews.
• Perform other responsibilities as consistent with our changing medical environment.
• Abide by UMD Health Services - Expectations for Professional Behavior
About the Department
This position is located in the department of UMD Health Services, a part of Student Life. For more information please visit our website: http://d.umn.edu/health-services/
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
.This position requires that you attach a diversity philosophy statement and a list of current contact information from 3 references
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Position posted: July 13, 2021
Posting will remain open until position is filled
Applications will be reviewed beginning August 1, 2021
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.