Dining Services Dietitian (HC Pro 1-Dietetics)
BA/BS or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 4 years.
Minnesota Board of Dietetics and Nutrition Practice lincensure is required.
About the Job
The Dietitian provides guidance as well as consults on nutritional and dietary standards, helps design diets for our campus guests. Works with CBord Foodservice Suite to ensure accuracy of ingredients and menus as well as provides analysis of recipes.
This is a 12 month, benefit eligible, Civil Service position.
Starting pay: $20.61 per hour
- Is the first point of contact for:
- Resident or First Year students requesting a Meal Plan Exemption or accommodation due to special dietary needs or other medical reasons
- Meal plan holders who have questions regarding diet and nutrition
- On campus partners and departments who have dietetic questions
- Prospective students and their families who have questions about UMD's Dining Services
- Monitors Dining Service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards
- Develops policies for Dining Services or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control
- Analyzes all UMD Dining Services' recipes and ingredients ensures that all information (allergen/traits, yields, weights and volumes, nutrition, etc.) is up-to-date.
- Analyzes all new (monthly, quarterly, etc) and existing menus for allergen information and ensures that timelines are met
- Supports Cbord FoodService Suite (or similar menu management program) and Nutrislice (or similar foodservice technology system). Inputs items, ensure accuracy, addresses and corrects issues, communicates effectively with team members
- Inspects meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance
- Assists Culinary staff with recipe development, standardization, and on-going recipe analysis
- Works with the Dining Service Team to develop new menus for operations, including but not limited to: Fresh Leaf Catering/UMD Catering, Superior Dining, and all retail operations
- Provides allergen training to staff for education, understanding, safe handling practices, and effective communication
- Works with campus partners (athletics, child care, camps, etc....) within UMD to support the mission of Dining Services through meetings, training and demonstrations
- Interacts with guests on the floor of all Dining areas
- Supports special events, meals, move in days, etc by greeting guests, serving, and sampling
- Works closely with team by shadowing all hourly and management roles to better understand guest needs and team training
- Assists in training of hourly and management team members, both onboarding, modules and special training events.
- Serves on professional development specialist team(s) for management team
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
About the Department
Student Life helps students to succeed in their academic work, make progress toward completion of their degrees, prepare for lifelong learning, and continue on after graduation to successful and rewarding careers.
Dining Services is committed to attracting candidates from diverse cultures and communities because we believe that diversity enriches the entire educational experience
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
***In order for your application to be complete, you MUST attach a cover letter and resume. Also provide a brief (no more than 1/2 page) personal statement detailing your affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity philosophy.***
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact U of M Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for any eligibility limitations.
Review of applications will begin on 7/21/2021 and continue until the position is filled
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.