Athletic Equipment Worker
• One year experience in athletic equipment management. Must be A.E.M.A. (Athletic Equipment Managers Association) certified eligible.
About the Job
This position is responsible for providing support to one intercollegiate sports team. Performing equipment room functions including ordering, receiving, storing, fitting, issuing, repairing and cleaning of equipment, supplies and clothing. Travels with team if necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To help organize practice with all aspects related student/volunteer employees for equipment movement per period of practice. To monitor and communicate prior to practice and during practice to make sure all equipment staff is organized.
• Maintain and issue uniforms and equipment to student-athletes. Work with head coach, manufacturing representatives, and student-athletes to fit and order uniforms. Maintain protective equipment by following the HECC/NOCSAE guidelines.
• Identify equipment needs. Initiate requests for new equipment and supplies. Make minor repairs to equipment and work collaboratively with medical staff for any specific equipment needs.
• Maintain cleanliness in equipment room.
• Pack and unpack equipment for team travel and communicate with other host schools on any special requirements our team may need.
• Maintain working knowledge on all NCAA rules to ensure compliance. Represent University to students, parents and outside vendors.
• Perform related work as required.
This is a Teamster Local 320 Service/Maintenance/Labor Position. Applications from current Teamster Local 320 Service/Maintenance/Labor must be submitted by no later than July 15, 2021, in order to be considered for priority consideration.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Job Open: July 7, 2021
Job Close: July 16, 2021
If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact OHR Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for more information.
The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. Veterans and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
***Smoking and chewing tobacco and electronic cigarettes are prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds and University vehicles.***
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.