Assistant Coach – Men's and Women's Track & Field / Cross Country
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- 1-3 years of combined progressive experience coaching or participating at the high school, collegiate and/or international level.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to athletic excellence in an academic environment.
- Experience as a student-athlete.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited university.
About the Job
In Accordance witht he mission of the Department of Athletics and the University, the assistant coach has a responsibility for assisting in the development of intercollegiate sports teams within the guidelines of the NCAA and NSIC governing organiztions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in supporting the Athletic Mission of excellence in the three C's (Classroom, Competition, Community).
- Ensure that the team is in compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in monitor of the academic progress in cooperation with the academic counselor and head coach.
- Must be knowledgeable in throws, jumps or sprints.
- Plan, conduct or assist in clinics, camps and other departmental community events.
- Recruit potential student athletes to the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Assist in the fund raising efforts of your sport team, working in collaboration with the department's development office.
- Coordinate travel, meals and lodging to practice, games or competition sites; preferably with the departments/universities selected vendors.
- Promote community engagement and volunteerism by staff and student athletes.
- Support equity and diversity throughout your program.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic director.
Assist in the supervision of a diverse staff that may include but not limited to: (part-time assistant coaches, volunteer coaches, student workers and training staff) as well as student athletes.
This position is responsible for assisting in managing the annual team's budget within the revenue and expense allocations.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.