Admissions Customer Relations Specialist – UMD
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
- High school diploma/GED and two years operations and/or student support experience. Training/education may substitute for some of the experience.
- Demonstrated strong customer service and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated regard for quality and accuracy, attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to plan, prioritize and work on various projects;
- Evidence of strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external parties;
- Evidence of flexibility and responsiveness in meeting new challenges;
- Experience or training in Google Suite, and/or MS Suite;
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
About the Job
Reporting to the Coordinator of Campus Visits and Programming, the Customer Relations Specialist will serve as the first point of contact for all individuals contacting or visiting the Office of Admissions. This position is responsible for creating and fostering a welcoming experience that supports the Office of Admissions customer service operations. In addition, this position will assist with tasks and projects related to campus visits, general questions received via phone and email, departmental communications, and data management.
- Staff and oversee the front desk within the Office of Admissions.
- Answer the Office of Admissions phone line and respond to voicemail messages.
- Provide prospective students and guests information on the admissions process and campus visits.
- Provide prospective students and guests informational materials on academic programs, admission requirements, and scholarship information.
- Ensure all new student inquiries and contacts are accurately entered into the CRM (Customer Relationship Management system) in a timely manner.
- Monitor departmental email account and CRM Cases. Respond to questions, requests and inquiries appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with scheduling appointments for admissions staff.
- Print, process, and mail departmental communications and marketing materials related, but not limited to requests for information, admission decisions, scholarship letters, and visit program marketing items.
Visits and Events
- Assist in creating and managing events within Admissions CRM and virtual platforms.
- Assist with logistical tasks such as catering, name tag creation, mailings, etc.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of materials and campus signage.
- Interact with prospective students and families in a courteous, pleasant, tactful and professional manner.
- Respond and collaborate with campus partners to coordinate visit requests from prospective students such as scheduling appointments with faculty, fulfilling requests for special assistance, etc.
- Answer general questions of broad university-scope; including standards and deadlines for admission, housing, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Positively interact with a diverse population of customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with managing the work of the Tour Guide Coordinators and Tour Guides.
Office of Admissions
- Participate as a collaborative and supportive member of the Admissions team.
- Actively seek to advance equity, diversity, inclusiveness, and social justice within the campus community.
- Build and maintain collegial and productive working relationships with offices and personnel on- campus.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and bring information to the team.
- Serve on campus and UMN system committees as requested/elected.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
***THIS IS AN AFSCME CLERICAL BARGAINING UNIT POSITION***
APPLICATIONS FROM CURRENT AFSCME EMPLOYEES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 7 CALENDAR DAYS FOR BARGAINING UNIT CONSIDERATION.
Job Open Date: July 10, 2021
Job Closing Date: July 25, 2021
To apply for this position, go to http://employment.umn.edu and search for job opening 341748.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Completed applications will be reviewed beginning July 26, 2021.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact OHR Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for more information.
Veterans and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
***Smoking and chewing tobacco and the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds and University vehicles.***
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.